ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can't enter BIOS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kink123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't enter BIOS
    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 at 4:57pm
Hello I have an ASRock B550M Pro4, and I am trying to enter the BIOS but can't manage to.
When booting I tried to continually press, f2, f10, f12, del. But none managed to get me into the bios. I have also tried using the AsRock restart into UEFI tools to see iof that would get me anywhere but when I use that tool after restart I only get a black screen. Any ideas what I am doing wrong here and how I can get myself into the BIOS? Thanks in advance.

I would also like to add that I didn't install / build this pc myself. It's the old pc of a friend who gave it to me.
Khun_Doug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khun_Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 2:26am
I think more information will be helpful. During all the attempts to enter BIOS, do you get black/blank displays? Or is it that no matter what you try, the PC always boots directly to Windows?

Incidentally, the key that should invoke BIOS is F2. Almost surely you will get BIOS if you use Del also.

I see you cross-posted this to other forums. Have you received a response there?
plantehal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plantehal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 2:50am
Maybe you have 'Fast boot' enable in the BIOS. When it's the case, you have to put down F2 before powering the PC.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic