ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

GPU not recognised

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epimetheus2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GPU not recognised
    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 3:36pm
Hi guys,

I've just built/upgraded my PC to an 11th gen i7 after years with an FX6300. However, I'm having issues with my old & working GPU (GTX970) being recognised by windows.

I've got a B560M Steel Legend motherboard and used the 'ASRock Live Update & App shop' to install drivers windows missed. Windows missed a driver to do with the PCIe lane, and previously the graphics card was shown as 'default PCI device' or something similar. After letting the ASRock tool do its job, there was no longer any warning symbols in the device manager, but also no graphics card

I first built the on the table without a graphics card attached, so wonder if the bios maybe configured itself to not use a graphics card? or maybe gave PCI lanes to my M.2 SSD? I have no idea.

Any advice/solutions would be greatly appreciated! I've read a few other posts here about graphics cards not being recognised by ASRock motherboards, hence the post.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 5:05pm
Do you get output on your display from the GPU?

The PCIe x16 slot does not share lanes with M.2 so that shouldn't be the issue.
Make sure the GPU is fully seated into the slot, quite often it may appear to be
but is not in fact all the way in.
Epimetheus2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epimetheus2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 7:09pm
Yes, I've done this (and tried again just now). No success.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 10:16pm
What PSU are you using? If it's inherited from your last build it might not be
up to the task with the new hardware.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epimetheus2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2021 at 12:18am
A new one, rated for 560W, it should easily be enough.

:(

Do you think I should return the motherboard? It would be a massive pain.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2021 at 1:52am
560w doesn't tell me anything, I need a brand and model. If it's a BeQuiet for example
it my be a dual rail PSU that is actually more like 2 280w PSUs crammed into one
housing. I have seen a lot of people have issues with dual rail PSUs because they
saw XXXw and assumed it would be enough without realizing it has 2x 12v rails each
only capable of half of the overall rating. More often than not it's enough to
use 2 different PCIe power cables from the PSU (thus balancing the load across both
rails).

Failing that, double check the contacts on the GPU, make sure the power cables
to it are properly seated and not dusty/corroded. If you still have the old
setup, try the GPU back in that again and make sure it still works and wasn't
somehow damaged during the upgrade. It is very rare that a board is DOA for whatever
reason and I am not saying this because it's an ASRock board.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
tmt101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmt101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2021 at 9:02am
Dear Asrock,

I just got asrock h510 pro ,purposely for mining. I got 1 nvidia 3060 and 2060 gpu. Inter I7 11700K,WINDOW 10 64B,RAM 3600M and ssd 120gb.after installation the motherboard display fine,no issue. but when i install gpu, at the boosting stage, it display the mother diagram showing the gpu in orange color and 4/5 beeps.
After trouble shooting, I connected the hdmi cable to one of the gpu, then boot the computer, at the beging the orange color, depicting the gpu location change to green and accept nvidia driver installation and work fine .

However, only one gpu with the hdmi cable work, (display on the monitor) other .
didn'tAnd the color ,on the screen is orange, not green.
I want to install 6 gpu ,how can i make it work for the 6 gpu?
psu 2000w.
TMT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epimetheus2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 1:28am
Final update, as I always hate to see forums without a conclusion. Tried everything above, but eventually returned the motherboard as faulty. They found nothing wrong and said it was fine after testing the PCI for a while.

I have no idea what the issue was, and can only guess that some incompatibility existed, maybe my GPU needed re-flashing? Thanks for all the help anyway, to everyone who replied. Going to buy a different board now, although that one was (on paper) really nice :/
leoandriesons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leoandriesons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Epimetheus2 Epimetheus2 wrote:

Hi guys,

I've just built/upgraded my PC to an 11th gen i7 after years with an FX6300. However, I'm having issues with my old & working GPU (GTX970) being recognised by windows.

I've got a B560M Steel Legend motherboard and used the 'ASRock Live Update & App shop' to install drivers windows missed. Windows missed a driver to do with the PCIe lane, and previously the graphics card was shown as 'default PCI device' or something similar. After letting the ASRock tool do its job, there was no longer any warning symbols in the device manager, but also no graphics card

I first built the on the table without a graphics card attached, so wonder if the bios maybe configured itself to not use a graphics card? or maybe gave PCI lanes to my M.2 SSD? I have no idea.

Any advice/solutions would be greatly appreciated! I've read a few other posts here about graphics cards not being recognised by ASRock motherboards, hence the post.

Do you got the solution? I am facing this type of problem similar to this.

Edited by Xaltar - 26 Oct 2021 at 4:36pm
Bobberetic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobberetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by leoandriesons leoandriesons wrote:

Originally posted by Epimetheus2 Epimetheus2 wrote:

Hi guys,

Do you got the solution? I am facing this type of problem similar to this.

I'm having the same problem except I can't get my board to switch from red/orange to green. GPU LED indicators are red for both cards (Slot 1 and 2) and GPUs aren't displaying in device manager either.

Edited by Xaltar - 26 Oct 2021 at 4:36pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic