ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turns on but no POST or display

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vodka_pong97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turns on but no POST or display
    Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 7:54pm
Z370 Killer SLI/ac

i9-9900k OC to 5.0 @ 1.3v

Came back to frozen PC, rebooted and now I get no display. Everything powers on but have no picture. I don't believe it's even getting to Windows because after a few min, I press the power button once (which should initiate a shutdown from Windows) and nothing happens. I'm not sure if it's the motherboard or CPU. I tried the onboard HDMI port to eliminate the GPU and get no display still.

-Reseated RAM, GPU, CPU power cable, GPU power cable
-Reset CMOS with jumper and removing battery
-Different monitor

Today I'm going to try a different CPU. It's an i5-8500T which is on the compatibility list for the Killer SLI but NOT for the Killer SLI/ac. Not sure what the difference would be for the chipset when it's the same socket? If my current CPU is bad and I put this in, it should still POST even if not "compatible" right?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 10:32pm
I am not sure why the 8500t isn't on the list for the ac model but it should post
as far as I am aware. It's just a low power variant of the 8500 and the 9500t is
listed. A bit annoying for you as if it does not post you can't be 100% certain
it's not the CPU.

If you have not already, try another PSU. This is always the first thing I try when
a system suddenly stops working correctly after being stable/in use for a long
time. Very often the PSU has degraded and is no longer able to handle the system.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic