ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

5 beeps on boot, PC works fine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fANAT1C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5 beeps on boot, PC works fine
    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 7:29am
Hello everyone

Last week I ordered some parts for building a new system. I got the system up and running, its main purpose is serving as a NAS PC for storage but also running the occasional virtual machine, Plex, and what not.

The problem goes like this:

When I unplug the power cord from the power supply and completely disconnect the power from the system for a few minutes, hours, etc., the PC makes 5 beeps after booting. Now I've found in the documentation that this may have to do with the CPU. However, the PC works just fine after these beeps.

It can't be the graphics card because I use the onboard Intel UHD Graphics 630 and therefore no external graphics card. I have updated the motherboard/BIOS to the latest firmware as well as the operating system on the PC itself. The PC runs on Windows Server 2019.

I also did a RAM check with PassMark memtest86 where I tested each RAM module separately, but no errors were found.

Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this? Again, the system works perfectly and has been running for two days straight with no further problems.

These are my system specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-10400 (SRH78/SRH3C) Boxed
Motherboard: ASRock B460M Pro4
Boot SSD: Crucial BX500 240GB SSD
Storage HDDs: 2x WD RED PLUS 4TB (128MB CACHE)
Memory (RAM): 2x Kingston 8GB DDR4 2666MHz
PSU: Cooler Master MWE Gold 550 - V2 Full Modular (550 Watts)
Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced (USB 3.0 Edition) (I re-used my old gaming PC case from 2012 as it was in perfect condition and had a decent amount of HDD storage bays)

Thanks in advance!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic