ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cannot navigate BIOS with USB

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnakeFighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cannot navigate BIOS with USB
    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 7:35pm
Hi everyone

I think I've made a bit of a blunder... a short while ago, I changed a setting in the BIOS menu to disable legacy USB support. I think this seems to have made my USB case ports work better, but it also seems to have stopped my ability to navigate the BIOS menu with my existing (USB / wireless) devices that were working fine before.

I know. I'm not terribly bright, sorry!

I just bought a wired USB mouse, to no avail. Should I be trying a PS2 mouse? Or am I barking up the wrong tree here?

Any advice appreciated.

Mobo z170m Pro4s.

Charlie
SnakeFighter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnakeFighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 12:10am
Bump!

I've tried all the USB ports, a wired USB mouse, and now a PS/2 mouse, all to no avail. Though the PS/2 mouse didn't work under Windows either, so I'm not completely sure about that one...

Anything else to try before I clear CMOS?

Cheers!
Auggybendoggy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auggybendoggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:34pm
I did the same exact thing and can't solve it. Did you figure it out?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auggybendoggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:36pm
And I cleared the Cmos and it didn't help. Still stuck on Press f1 to continue or f2 or del to enter setup. My only hope is to purch a pci-e usb card. I've read others say that but I have doubts. If the USB ports are disabled, why would a usb pci expansion work?
SnakeFighter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnakeFighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 10:26pm
Clearing the CMOS worked for me. I?™m not sure what else to suggest, except try again, perhaps?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auggybendoggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 11:10pm
I stopped by a thrift store and picked up a ps/2 keyboard and it got me out. Man do I feel bad for people who play with that legacy and have no opotions. You'd think AM or Asrock would make the bios to time out with a reboot and have that legacy alternate each time so people don't get stuck. really sucks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic