ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

H510 Pro BTC+ BIOS Update Failure£

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justin_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H510 Pro BTC+ BIOS Update Failure£
    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 4:30pm
I recently assembled a mining system with the following specs:

ASRock H510 Pro BTC+
Pentium Gold G6405T(G1) CPU
G.Skill 8GB 3600 MHz CL16 RAM (this is going in a different system, just a placeholder really)
ADATA 240GB NVMe SSD
1x Gigabyte Eagle 3080
3x Zotac 3080
1x Radeon 6700XT
Corsair AX1600i

I was able to boot into Windows and the cards were detected, but I was getting the "not enough resources" error on all but the first 3080. I checked the BIOS for any settings to adjust, and saw that there was a recent BIOS update that addressed issues with the RTX 3000 Series. I ran the BIOS update from inside BIOS using a FAT32 formatted USB drive.

I must admit I looked away from the computer while it was installing the new BIOS, but nothing seemed to go wrong. When I looked back at the computer it rebooted but I got no display, but instead 5 beeps from the built in speaker. I tried the following:

1) Clearing CMOS.
2) Swapping the CPU for an i3-10100.
3) Removing all video cards.

Every time I just get the same five beeps.

I noticed that the latest BIOS version listed on the website is 1.30, but I could have sworn that when I went to update from the BIOS utility, it said the latest version is 1.60. Nothing else about the BIOS update process seemed out of the ordinary.

Any suggestions for how to salvage this board? I haven't had a BIOS update fail in 15+ years, it would suck if this were the one to break that streak.
Justin_R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justin_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 4:36pm
I should add that I noticed the latest BIOS version of the H510M-HDV and H510M-HVS is 1.60. Is it possible that the BIOS utility tried to install one of those BIOS versions by mistake? (I used the automatic tool in the BIOS assuming it would get the right version for the right motherboard.)
Justin_R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justin_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 12:45pm
OK I solved the problem. It was actually very simple. Apparently, after the BIOS update, the motherboard defaults to using the first GPU for graphics output. The five beeps indicated there was no display attached. I attached the monitor to the first GPU and I was back in business.

But now I have a new problem. I tried to tell the BIOS to use the onboard graphics, but when I reboot I get 8 beeps and no boot. I feel like I'm beta testing this motherboard.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic