ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Motherboard Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YekinKebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock Motherboard Question
    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 2:47am
First time posting :-)

Hoping some of you PC vets can help me out. I?™m new at this. I had a asrock h110m-hds motherboard until it fried, now needing to buy another one. I?™ve looked online and seen asrock has similar motherboards, h110m-dgs, hds r3.0, dvs, dvs r3.0. Can someone explain the difference if they know? I?™ve used the comparison tool on the asrock website and they seem practically identical. I know they all use LGA 1151 socket.

My set up: Motherboard: ASROCK h110m-hds CPU: Intel i5-6402P 2.8ghz RAM: 288 pin (2x8)16gb Corsair 2133mhz GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6gb CPU Cooler: Cooler Master 212 evo LED PSU: Thermaltake 600W 80+ CASE: thermaltake Versa N21 Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD, Crucial 256gb SSD

Any recommendations are appreciated!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 3:31am
The difference is mostly in the features/connectors available. If you compare the
rear IO of each of those models you will see the differences.

The H110M-DGS has no HDMI port for example where the HDS does. Basically, look at
the rear IO and see if anything you need is missing from the model you are considering.
YekinKebo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YekinKebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 4:19pm
First time posting :-)

Hoping some of you PC vets can help me out. I?�m new at this. I had a asrock h110m-hds motherboard until it fried, now needing to buy another one. I?�ve looked online and seen asrock has similar motherboards, h110m-dgs, hds r3.0, dvs, dvs r3.0. Can someone explain the difference if they know? I?�ve used the comparison tool on the asrock website and they seem practically identical. I know they all use LGA 1151 socket.

My set up: Motherboard: ASROCK h110m-hds CPU: Intel i5-6402P 2.8ghz RAM: 288 pin (2x8)16gb Corsair 2133mhz GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6gb CPU Cooler: Cooler Master 212 evo LED PSU: Thermaltake 600W 80+ CASE: thermaltake Versa N21 Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD, Crucial 256gb SSD

Any recommendations are appreciated!

issue got solved!!

Edited by Xaltar - 03 Sep 2021 at 6:12pm
bezjosh99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bezjosh99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 3:59pm
i have a question i want to assemble a new pc so anyone can tell me which motherboard is better to use
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 6:19pm
The best board to use depends on what you plan to use the system for and your
budget. There is no one board that is better than all the others, especially when
you factor in cost. I would suggest you do some research on what system you want
to build and try to fit the best components you can into your budget. The order
should be:

1. CPU
2. GPU
3. Motherboard
4. PSU (never cheap out here)
5. RAM
6. Storage
7. Case (make sure it has good airflow, check reviews)

The PSU is only listed at number 4 because the capacity of your PSU will be
determined by the CPU, GPU and motherboard combo you go with. There are plenty
of component picking guides out there, look through a few and make sure to
research your component choices to make sure everything is compatible with eachother.

Auggybendoggy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auggybendoggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 1:42am
Xaltar's right, state what you want to do with it and others can do a easier job of point out a great mb.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic