ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Z590 Phantom 4 AC PCIe£

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Nephilim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock Z590 Phantom 4 AC PCIe£
    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 1:19pm
Hello everybody,

I have a question and I was wondering am I oversaturating my PCIe Lanes? I have a ASROck Phantom 4 AC Motherboard with 2 M.2 Drives with a PCIe sound blaster and a PCIe USB Card..

I also have a 1080GTX in the Top slot PICex16.. I want to not I am using the 2nd and 3rd slot on the M.2 Device as I am using a 10xxx series CPU and I am unable to use the top slot which I read is connected to the CPU but that is another issue..

Am I OK on my GPU and not taking needed lanes for the GPU, I have read it should be good even at 8x but I was wondering if having 2 M.2 drives and 3 slots in the PCIe taken up if that is affecting performance in any way?

I also was wondering why the top M.2 Slot does not work without using a 11xxx series CPU? Kinda sucks I am limited to only the 2 lower slots as I wanted the M.2 Drive to be linked to the CPU or is the regualr M.2 Slot fine for a M.2 Drive speed wise or someting?
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 7:43pm
Hi The_Nephilim,

Thank you for your post.

M.2_2 and M.2_3 will not affect your GPU performance, because they are connected to the Z590 chipset and the GPU is connected directly to the CPU.

About the M.2_1, due to it connects directly to the CPU, its function depends on the CPU. On the Intel 11th CPU, it can provide PCIEx16 (for GPU) + PCIEx4 (for M.2). But on the Intel 10th CPU, it can only provide PCIEx16 (for GPU). This is the reason why the M.2_1 will not able to use when you install the Intel 10th CPU.

All the best
ASRock TSD
The_Nephilim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Nephilim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 9:37am
OK then is the 1st M.2 Slot supposed to work with a 10xxx series CPU at all. I ask because I put my SSD the Samsung 980 Pro there and it was not recognised in bios, so I basically am unable to use the 1st M.2 slot.

but from everything I read it should work but at PCIex3 speeds but it dont work at all.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic