ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can't access BIOS: usb ports not active

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't access BIOS: usb ports not active
    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 3:28pm
Hello,

I have a Z490M-ITX/ac motherboard with UEFI P1.30.

I needed to access the BIOS, but presumably because of the ultrafast boot, I wasn't able to by pressing [DEL] or [F2]. I cleared the CMOS by using the jumper, as well as by removing the battery.
I think the CMOS was cleared successfully, because I now get the message:

CMOS Date/Time Not Set
Press F2 or DEL to Run Setup
Press F1 to Continue

The problem is, neither the USB ports nor the P2/S ports seem to be active and thus, pressing any buttons do not seem to work. I tried 2 functional keyboards.

Any help on how to activate the USB ports or access the BIOS without keyboard would be highly appreciated!
Thank you
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 6:04pm
Hi Simon1,

Thank you for your post.

In general, no need to do any setting to enable the USB ports under BIOS.

Please remove all your USB devices and test all of the USB ports on your system (even the front panel USB port) with your USB keyboard.

If your keyboard is functional under OS, please follow the procedure below to boot into BIOS from OS.

1. Launch "Setting" and press "Update & security".
2. Press "Recovery", then press "Restart now".
3. System will show an options menu, Press "Troubleshoot".
4. Press "Advanced options"
5. Press "UEFI Firmware Settings"
6. Press "Restart"
7. System will automatically restart and boot into BIOS.

All the best
ASRock TSD

Simon1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 6:13pm
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, the system does not proceed to the OS. "Press F1 to Continue" does not work at any of the USB 2, USB 3, or PS/2 ports.
All other devices not necessary for booting the computer are disconnected.
Auggybendoggy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auggybendoggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:31pm
I'm in the same situation. I can't get past this screen on a h570 steel legend. So did AM actually make it so you can get stuck and your MB is worthless? Nothing seems to work.

I've only used the PS/2 adapters and will try a real PS/2 keyboard tonight but I have serious doubts as I've read others having this issue.
Simon1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 4:42am
I ended up returning the motherboard to the retailer...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic