ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ram for Z97 oc motherbord

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ram for Z97 oc motherbord
    Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 4:39am
Hi
This is my first post here. I need some help with my son new pc build. The motherboard that I am using is Z97 OC Formula. The problem that I am having is code 29. Its a ram issue I believe. the ram I have is Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 8gb (CMY8GX3M2A1600CB9) and try with (CMZ8GX3M2A1600CB9)What it is doing is starts for about 15-20 seconds no video then start gain. According to the wed sites where I bout the ram the claim the it is correct and should work with the motherboard.  When I check ASROCK site for ram compatibility those numbers dot show up.  Any help would be great.
Thanks
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 5:01am
Zman,

Unless you looked for compatibility on the memory manufacturers website, don't believe it.

Give me a sec to look at your two memory kits. BRB.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 5:05am
Please double check BOTH those numbers and reply back.

If these #'s came from the individaul sticks themselves, please reply back with the actual Kit(2x?GB) part number instead.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 5:10am
Also, is the board New, and not open box, refurb'd, or otherwise previously used?

Directly below the SATA ports reside the two BIOS chips, with white stickers over them. What is printed on the sticker(s), AND what processor is it that's installed?

Edited by wardog - 08 Feb 2016 at 5:11am
zman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 6:06am

Thanks with the responds. The motherboard was purchased last Christmas as a gift. It looks new but cant tell if it was used. Both white sticker say P1.10  The predecessor is intel i5-4670K , 6MB cache, LGA1150. I have to 2 different corsair ram packs that I try and got the same code. they both are 2x4GB.  That is the number on the back side of the boxes and that # is also on the ram itself. The only difference from what I have in ram compare to asrock page is there's begin with "CMD" and the one I have are CMY and CMZ and the rest of the number are the same. 

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 3:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic