ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fatality B450 ITX with Ryzen 5600G... upgrade from
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatality B450 ITX with Ryzen 5600G... upgrade from

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nanohead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatality B450 ITX with Ryzen 5600G... upgrade from
    Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 9:58pm
Purchased a 5600G to upgrade my daily system. Currently run a 2400G on BIOS ver 3.30, but need to upgrade to Ver 4.40 (min) to support Cezanne based 5600G

Unfortunately, the 4.40 BIOS has the dreaded "ASRock do NOT recommend updating this BIOS if Pinnacle, Raven or Summit Ridge CPU is being used on your system." warning, which of course, still makes no real sense....

So, can I NOT run a BIOS update to 4.40 with the 2400G Raven Ridge CPU? If I put the 5600G in, the CPU won't be recognized with the older BIOS, so what in the world should I do?   The CPU support list clearly states that the 5600G is supported, but it appears like there's no real way to actually enable that support?

The BIOS warning is fairly nonsensical, and many of us have questioned what it actually means. If it will cause the board to be bricked, the why do the motherboard vendors do the BIOS updates at all.

Serious chicken and egg stuff....
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 12:54am
As far as I am aware 4.40 should not remove support for your 2600g. The warning
is only there to deter people from pointlessly updating when the update provides
no benefit to their (older) CPU. In your particular case, you are updating to support
a new CPU generation, this is the correct/only way to do so.

Good luck and be sure to clear CMOS and reboot the system before doing the update
this will help prevent a bad flash.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic