ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

5600g system not posting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PandaCocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5600g system not posting
    Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 7:43am
Hi all,

I just built a 5600g system and it will not post. It brings me to a blank screen with a little white dash towards the upper left hand corner. I sent the motherboard to ASRock for a bios update and the same thing happens. I've tried with one stick of ram, no ram, no ssd, no cmos battery, resetting the cmos battery, reseating cables, having no cables plugged in except psu cables, cleaning contacts, and reseating the CPU. Nothing seems to work and I would love to have some help. Below is a link to the PCPartPicker page:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/AyGames/saved/#view=jtvMVn

Thank you for the help in advance, and have a good day!
msi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 1:35pm
which firmware version is your MB ?
1.60 ? 1.90 ?
when sent to ASRock for BIOS update did you had your CPU sent as well ?
MadScientist View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadScientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 7:37pm
Boot to your bios and check what bios version Asrock updated you to. You need bios 1.7 or higher to support your 5600G.
msi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 9:15am
he can't boot his BIOS and see menus. that's the reason he writes here.
5600G is fairly new CPU, I suggest you put in the MB an older CPU just to get a POST screen, enter bios and update its firmware to latest.
MadScientist View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadScientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 1:06am
From the OP, "It brings me to a blank screen with a little white dash towards the upper left hand corner." So he's getting some signal. So then why not try to boot to the bios. Easy enough, and if it will not then yeah use an older CPU. AMD has a loaner CPU boot kit for free. https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic