ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fan speed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shamanji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fan speed
    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 4:11am
I purchased a Ryzen 3600 today for my girl friend along with a Asrock B550M Pro4 motherboard and 16Gb of 3200mhz memory in 2 sticks and everything runs great except i noticed at idle in the bios the cpu was 45-52 degrees, cpu fan speed profile was set at silent by default, would profile should i choose of the 5 there is ?

Silent / standard / performance and full speed and 1 more i cant remeber is there to choose from.

I'm using the stock cooler for now but will change it in the future.

Hope you guys can help here
Toks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 5:36am
You should be safe up to 95C degrees (Tjmax). I would choose the most silent option as long as the temp is ok but it all comes down to what you are using the PC for and if you are planning to overclock.
MadScientist View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadScientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 8:59am
Sounds like you are using the AMD wraith stealth cooler that came with the CPU. There are several things that can affect the CPU temp, the CPU cooler, ambient temp, and computer case and case fans.
First I would set all your fans on Standard mode. At idle your CPU should be running high 30s to low 40s. If still higher than that you should consider purchasing a better CPU cooler.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic