ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 11 - TPM 2.0

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote explorerpaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 11 - TPM 2.0
    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 2:00am
Hi all. First time posting here. I've been an ASRock fan.

Ok, for Windows 11 upgrade at this point, it requires TPM 2.0 and so, for my B450 Pro4 with 5.0 BIOS, this doesn't work: AsRock Rack TPM2-S Accessory TPM 2.0 Module TPM Module NUVOTON NPCT650 17 Pin

It doesn't let me secure boot into windows and Windows 10 doesn't recognize it. However, device manager gives me a code 10:

Trusted Platform Module 2.0
This device cannot start. (Code 10)
A protocol error was detected between the driver and the device.

I tried a bunch of combination including resetting things to default.

But it just goes to diagnosing instead of completing Windows 10 boot after enabling secure boot at standard and csm turned off with fTPM turned on the Ryzen 9 build.

What should I do? If I have to reinstall Windows, then I must, but if the proper solution is found for me and everyone, then yeah, ASRock for life...

Thanks.

- Paul
MadScientist View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadScientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 3:22am
Did you run the PC Health Check App to find out if your PC can run Windows 11. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11 Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the download.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic