ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrading to WIndows 11 £

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cc2150dx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgrading to WIndows 11 £
    Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 1:09am
According to Microsoft I have to change a few settings in my BIOS to upgrade to windows 11.

PC Specs:

CPU -
          AMD Ryzen 5 3600
               Cores     6
               Threads     12
               Name     AMD Ryzen 5 3600
               Code Name     Matisse
               Package     Socket AM4 (1331)
               Technology     7nm
               Specification     AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor

Motherboard -

Manufacturer     ASRock
     Model     B450M/ac (AM4)
     Chipset Vendor     AMD
     Chipset Model     Ryzen SOC
     Chipset Revision     00
     Southbridge Vendor     AMD
     Southbridge Model     B450
     Southbridge Revision     51
     System Temperature     28 °C

BIOS -
               Brand     American Megatrends Inc.
               Version     P2.70
               Date     2021-05-10

So, can I upgrade to windows 11? and if so what changes do I make in my bios ?

Thanks,
cc2150dx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cc2150dx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 1:32am
Update: According to "PC Health Check"

'This PC must support Secure Boot.'

'TPM 2.0 must be supported and enabled on this PC.'
'TPM: TPM not detected'
cc2150dx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cc2150dx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 1:35am
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 9:21am
you need to turn off CSM in bios settings, that a start to have secure boot available
secure boot does not need to be enabled, windows 11 doesnt need it
then you also need to enable fTPM in advanced CPU settings in your bios

bios will be in UEFI mode now, if your current windows was installed in leagcy mode, then you will need to boot from windows installation media and run commandline and convert your MBR drive to GTP with MBR2GPT command
spacednow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spacednow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 10:23am
I have a Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 and all I did was enable fTPM under cpu settings (Processer TPM option) and also just enable trusted computing-dont mess with any settings underneath it (they probably wont appear until after you reboot). You DON'T have to disable CSM!! and run UEFI. That only has to be done to enable SECURE BOOT - It doesn't have to be enabled to run windows 11. It only has to be capable. I run triple boot, and have been unable to get windows 7 installed in UEFI mode (7 is my preferred OS - but I can't get it to recognize the NVME in UEFI mode (Wasted days trying), and I don't want to put it on another drive and move it.That said, I have 11 on another SSD drive and its fine running with CSM enabled. I did change to UEFI only - win7 wouldn't boot, but 11 still did. A note, boot manager is on the NVME drive that 7 is on, And I did a 10 to 11 upgrade, so that might make a difference. I'm doing a fresh install of 11 to make sure this weekend.
There are alot of misleading articles about secure boot. Yes it has to be capable, and no it doesn't have to be turned on.
The more you learn the less you know.
MAston99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAston99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 7:39pm
Hi,

did you try to download and change the appraiserres.dll file, yet? If the BIOS and TPM 2.0 are fine the problem can be this file, Win10 doesn't check if this file is ok so you can manually replace it and bypass the process. On how to change the file you can follow this guide, point 2> https://windowsreport.com/windows-11-this-pc-cant-run-error/
After you download and double-check it you should try to install again Windows 11.
Let me know if works
Cheers
Mauro80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mauro80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 9:11pm
This PC must support Secure Boot.
If i disable CSM and save and exit, pc rest on bios.

Is there a guide to enable secure bot?

AMD 5600x
b550m itx/ac
spacednow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spacednow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 5:57pm
It's an option in the bios. Download the manual for your Motherboard. AsRock boards have the option to enable TPM in the bios thru Ryzen processors to meet requirements (try looking under CPU options or advanced options under trusted computing). You might need to update the bios if you haven't done that. If your bios supports secure boot the tool will detect it if fTPM is enabled. You might have to reboot and run the tool again if you need it detected. If you want it enabled (WHY??) it should be OK. Look in the boot options - if your MB has it just change it to enabled.
The more you learn the less you know.
irvinborder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irvinborder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2022 at 1:55pm
Microsoft should allow hardware that doesn't meet the hardware requirements to install Windows 11 but have a banner in Windows Update that tells you that you are running Windows 11 on unsupported hardware so you won't get official support and that drivers might not be available, in other words you install it at your own risk.
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2022 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by irvinborder irvinborder wrote:

Microsoft should allow hardware that doesn't meet the hardware requirements to install Windows 11 but have a banner in Windows Update that tells you that you are running Windows 11 on unsupported hardware so you won't get official support and that drivers might not be available, in other words you install it at your own risk.

there are ways to install it unsupported hardware, windows update is not yet blocked on those systems, but it will be eventialy get blocked (as win 11 isnt really finished yet)
what you need to know that when HVCI is enabled on both win 10 or win 11 with CPUa which are missing MBEC (anything not listed as win 11 compatible), youll get huge performance drop

HVCI is no yet enforced for win11 as there are performance problems even on supported hardware...once fixed, they probably enforce it and lock updates on unsupported, but it doesnt seems to be anytime soon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic