ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 7 5700g - VRAM MAX 512M B - I NEED 2GB

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andremachado8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ryzen 7 5700g - VRAM MAX 512M B - I NEED 2GB
    Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 2:50am
Hi friends, I have an Asrock B450M PRO4 F, and a Ryzen 7 5700G,

I'm trying to allocate 2GB in the VRAM, but it's always 512MB, and the folks at the AMD forum, who told me it might be some option to enable or disable on the motherboard, but I can't find that, since I've allocated the 2GB in the VRAM, by motherboard,

I'll leave the AMD forum link where you can ask the question and have more details,

Link forum AMD:

https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/ryzen-7-5700g-vram-popping-up-max-512mb-while-i-need-2gb/m-p/498039/highlight/false#M80961

Can you help me?

andremachado8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andremachado8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 5:26am
Today, on 21 of november, 2021, It was suggested on the AMD forum that the processor should be ok and the problem would be motherboard related.

Asrock, forum,
Can help me ?
andremachado8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andremachado8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 6:34am
Thanks friend, I couldn't have gotten here without your help, I researched about other motherboards on how to configure, alternative ways and found that there is another configuration to do, forcing the VRM in 2G, even if a 2G VRM is already forced, maybe a motherboard problem, but there was a second option in the BIOS,

No need to update, I'm still on version P2.40, the latest being P2.80.

1. I have reset the BIOS setup under Exit > Load Uefi BIOS Defaults

2. Advanced > Onboard Device Configuration > UMA Buffer Frame Size: 2GB

3. Advanced > AMD CBS > NBIOS Common Options > GFX Configuration > iGPU Configuration > UMA Specified

4. Advanced > NBIOS Common Options < GFX Configuration > UMA Frame Buffer Size: 2G

5. F10 (Save and reboot)

ALL OK!

Now I have to see the issue of my memory that doesn't seem to be pushing 2933 mhz,
But that's another problem,

Thank you all

The VRAM is working
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic