ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unable to install Windows to NVME RAID 0

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unable to install Windows to NVME RAID 0
    Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 8:42am
I was trying to set up both of my NVME drives in RAID, but it won't allow me to install Windows. I used ASRock's tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg1Vvh67Efw) and was able to create the RAID config perfectly.

Its just that when I loaded the Windows installation, the RAID config showed up fine, but Windows says, "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The computer's hardware may not support ootijg to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enaled in the computer's BIOS menu." It says this even after I load the drivers from ASRock's website.

I'm using an ASRock Z490M-ITX/ac with an Intel i7-10700k and two 512GB NVMEs. Literally the only thing different that what was shown in the video was that "Launch Storage OpRom Policy" was called "Use RST Legacy OROM" in my BIOS, and was already set to UEFI. I even tried factory resetting my BIOS, formatting both of my NVMEs, and retrying the same steps.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 12:47pm
Hi shiloh370,

Thank you for your post.

When you try to install the Windows on a RAID volume, it requires loading the RAID driver first.

Please refer to the below link to check how to install the Windows on a RAID volume.
https://download.asrock.com/Manual/RAID/Z490M-ITXac/English.pdf

All the best
ASRock TSD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic