ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z590-C/AC Won't Boot with 4 Sticks of Memory

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
CrossBread View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrossBread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z590-C/AC Won't Boot with 4 Sticks of Memory
    Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 6:10am
I'm having the exact same problem when adding the same Corsair 3200 MHz 16 gig modules in a pair to A1 and B1.

The difference being that my build shipped with 2 Ballistix 3000 MHz 8GB modules in A2 and B2.

The system will boot fine with either pair installed in A2 and B2, but if I install all four I just get a black screen and don't even make it to UEIF.
daxxruckus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daxxruckus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 5:42am
Hi,

I have been running my system with 2 x 16gb Corsair CMK32GX4M2E3200C16 DDR4 3200mhz memory sticks. This memory is listed as supported on the support page for my z590-c/ac mother board. I have them in slots A2 and B2 per the manual. The system boots and runs fine like this.

I have added 2 more identical 16gb Corsair CMK32GX4M2E3200C16 DDR4 3200mhz memory sticks in slots A1 and B1, for a total of 4 identical memory sticks in all slots. When adding two more sticks in slots A1/B1, the system will not boot, it just stays at a black screen, will not even allow me into the UEFI BIOS.

I have tested all of these memory sticks in all combinations (both pairs in slots A1/B1 boot fine, and both pairs in slots A2/B2 boot fine), but only when having all 4 sticks in all slots the system will not boot.

The UEFI BIOS Is set to all AUTO settings to automatically detect memory, I have not made any BIOS setting changes.

Please advise what is needed to get all 4 memory sticks working at once?

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic