ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AsRock Rack EP2C602 No post

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote augustin22ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AsRock Rack EP2C602 No post
    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 1:09am
Hello. .
So here is my problem!
I bought a new motherboard from a friend of mine. It is a AsRock Rack ep2c602. He bought it a few years ago but never used it. I tried to test it with a cpu e5-4620 v1 and a 8gb dimm of ram on it. The mobo start for a few seconds than stops and after that it start again for a few seconds and so on. I talked with AsRock support service and they were very nice people. They send me a Rom chip and a bios chip. I changed both chips and there is no change. Hope I'll find a solution here. I also have a little video with the mobo behaviour. I could't find a solution to upload it here. So i used wetransfer. This is the video link:https://we.tl/t-JkCxnubpdi
Thanks in advance.
Augustin
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 5:06am
What is the part number for the RAM? Have you checked to see if it's on the compatibility
list for your board? In your video I see you have a disconnected 8pin CPU power
header on the board. I see it's a dual socket board so would I be correct in assuming
you have the one for the socket you are using connected?
Check the manual for the board and make sure there isn't a preferred socket when
only using one CPU. Follow the setup instructions carefully, some server boards
can be very particular about how they need to be set up.

Edited by Xaltar - 30 Nov 2021 at 7:56pm
augustin22ro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote augustin22ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 1:48pm
Hello and thanks for your answer. Yes, the CPU is in the right socket. I tried to use more than 6 ram models. The result is the same. Some of those dims are on the approved ram list.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 7:59pm
Is the CPU known good? I would check for bent pins in the socket and make sure
the CPU isn't damaged (warped substrate, missing pads/capacitors). Typically, these
looping power cycles are either RAM or CPU related. What does the system do with
no RAM inserted at all? If you disconnect the CPU 8pin power does it still power
cycle? Try different things to get the board to power on and stay on, remove RAM
then maybe try remove the GPU etc until it turns on and stays on. Odds are, whatever
component you removed/changed last may have something to do with the issue.
augustin22ro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote augustin22ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 11:16pm
I tryed 4 different cpus. All the cpus were previously tested and are in working state. I tryed with and without ram. It is the same behaviour. I will try with no cpu. On the alphanumeric display there is not showing anything.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic