ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xmp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taken14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xmp
    Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 1:03pm
Can you please help. When I turn on xmp to get my full speed of ram I reboot and go to the task manager and click performance it still shows 2133mhz. Xmp doest not work neither does just manually overclock.
Taken14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taken14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 1:04pm
And I have a Z390 Phantom Gaming motherboard
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 5:09pm
Make sure your RAM is in slots A2 and B2. These are the primary slots and often
XMP will not properly enable when RAM is in slots A1 and B1. If all slots are
populated XMP will enable fine but when only using 1 or 2 modules they need to be
in slots A2 and B2 or just slot A2. This has to do with how the CPU addresses the
memory.
Taken14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taken14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 11:33pm
Thankyou so that means I can never use all my slots if I want to get the faster memory
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 12:34am
No, you can, if slots A2 and B2 are populated as well as A1 and B1 you can enable
XMP. It's only when you are using 2 sticks that you need to use A2 and B2. Sorry
I phrased my original post poorly. Slots A2 and B2 MUST be populated to enable XMP.
It will work if all slots are populated because A2 and B2 have RAM installed.
I hope this is clearer.
Taken14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taken14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 1:56am
I have have 4 sticks already
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 2:32am
Are they all the same model?
Taken14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taken14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 2:41am
Yes all the same model everything
Taken14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taken14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 2:47am
There called trident something
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 7:02am
Hmm, could require you to manually set them up. Using 4 DIMMs is a lot more taxing
on the IMC in the CPU and the RAM power delivery on the board. Do a google search
for manually setting RAM timings, frequency and voltages for Ryzen. There are a ton
of better guides out there than I can type in a post for you. I suspect you may need
to bump some voltages up a bit to get your full frequency (or at least closer to
it).

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic