ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bootable USB wont install windows

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cprice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bootable USB wont install windows
    Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 6:58pm
Hi

I have a B560m Steel legend partnered with an i5-11400 and it boots to BIOS just fine eveytime.
When i try to install windows with the bootable USB however it only shows the Asrock logo and a spinning wheel forever.
I followed the instructions perfectly to make the USB so i don't think its a problem there and i even used the old windows 7 usb i used years ago on my old pc and that let me select the language at least before giving me a spinning wheel of death.

I have also updated the bios from 1.2 to 1.8 but that made no change.

Feel like im going crazy because theyre all new components and should work!
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2022 at 10:06pm
Hello,

did you try the support form
https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp
When using gmail, check the spam folder for replies.
1. Windows 7 cannot be installed on this board, or as a matter of fact, on any of the recent Intel and AMD boards, because it uses a USB HID protocol, that is not supported under Windows 7, you get to the stage where you see keyboard layout and language, then the USB ports stop working.
2. When installing Windows 10, or 11, you don't have to make the USB stick bootable, simply google for Media Creation Tool, download the tool for Windows 10 or 11, and let the tool create the USB stick for you.
In BIOS set CSM, to disabled, then save and exit, and press f11 during boot, to get into the boot menu, and select the UEFI device.
The slow spinning circle, can also mean that some hardware is having problems. try with only the drive connected where you want to install Windows
Kind Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic