ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

PWM control problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
boombastik1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boombastik1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PWM control problem
    Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 8:25pm
that is the reason that fan stack in same temperature.
boombastik1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boombastik1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 8:24pm
I have found an interesting bug. In Haswell and Skylake motherboards.
I can recreate it with multiple motherboards and maybe it exist until now in Ryzen motherboards.
After you put the pc in s4 (hibernation or hybrid shutdown) many times the CPU sensor stuck and
then if u restore the pc from hibernation the CPU temperature is stuck in the same temp.(the last temp when u put the CPU to s4)

To recreate this bug u need only the motherboard to work in uefi mode with cms on.
In pure uefi (CMS off) and in pure legacy mode this bug don?™t exist.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 2:43am
I have a Z97 Extreme6 board with the same UEFI/BIOS version, 2.50, and I have not had any problem controlling the CPU cooler's PWM fan speed. I've used several different 120mm PWM fans connected to the CPU_FAN1 header, without any problems with controlling their speed.

But, I always use the Customize option and set my own fan speed "curve" of CPU temperature and fan speed percentage. Did you ever try to use the Customize option?

Do you use the A-Tuning program from ASRock on your PC? Did you try the FAN-Tastic Tuning feature in A-Tuning? If not, you should try it.

The graph shown in FAN-Tastic Tuning is the fan speed profile that you selected in the UEFI.

In the FAN-Tastic Tuning screen, there is a button labeled Start Fan Test. First, select the fan from the drop down list above the graph, CPU FAN1 and CPU FAN 2 is the first one. If you have fans connected to both of those headers, both fans will be tested, one at a time.

When you click the Start Fan Test button, the fan will start running at full speed, you will hear it. The fan will then slow down in steps until it reaches its slowest speed. The test takes a minute or more. When the test is done, the fan will switch to run at full speed. You must click the Apply button on the screen to apply the fan profile you are using. You can run this test for every fan you have connected to the board.

You'll then see the Fan Power % for a Fan Speed RPM on the screen. That helps you choose the % to choose for each temperature for a Customize fan profile.

All fans are different in their lowest and highest speed, there is no standard for PC fans. We must adjust each fan given its specifications, and how we want the fan speed to be, more quiet or more cooling, for example.

Let us know if this works for you and if you have other issues or questions.
Pacacia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacacia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 1:05am
Hello.
i have ASRock Z97 Extreme6 motherboard.
i have problem with auto controlling cpu fan speed with PWM.
i have BIOS set on default settings (using last bios P2.50). cpu fan control is automaticaly set on Standard, but it doesnot control cpu fan speed when cpu temperature changes. i have tried several best PWM fans on market (corsair sp120L, noctua, cooler master jetflo, rosewill hyperborea) and they are set on fixed high RPM-s, which is noisy and disturbing. why doesnot it control speeds automaticaly ?
tested this fans on other computers and they are working perfectly, changing speeds when cpu temperature is higher. but on my asrock, they are fixed, when automatic mode is on.

should i change anything in bios, to make pwm work ? or should i use any extra program ?
please help me.

sorry for my bad english
thank you in advance
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic