ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AsRock H61M-VG4 & GTX 750 Ti

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therealmikeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AsRock H61M-VG4 & GTX 750 Ti
    Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 11:06am
This has stumped me for a week. Have no idea how to get it to work. Recently purchased a new AsRock H61M-VG4 mobo to replace my old one that died. I have a EVGA GTX 750 Ti graphics card in my other PC (HTPC) and decided to move it to my main. Purchased a new monitor so would like to maximize the display. Installed graphics card and plugged HDMI cable for monitor into. Black screen that goes to sleep after a few. Also tried the VGA cable. Same thing. Showing no signal. Went into BIOS for AsRock mobo to disable the integrated graphics card. No option to do so. Closest thing was to default video to PCIE. This was already defaulted. Still black screen. Tried to install NVIDIA drivers and getting the no compatible graphics card found. Device manager doesn't have it listed either or no listing of unknown or generic card. Just the integrated graphics card is shown. Also updated BIOS to latest version. Site mentions gtx 750 ti is compatible with the mobo so I am at a loss on what to do.

CPU - i7 2600 Mobo - AsRock H61M-VG4

RAM - 8GB

OS - Windows 10

raphics Card - EVGA GTX 750 ti

Thanks for your time and assistance. fingers crossed

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by therealmikeo therealmikeo wrote:

This has stumped me for a week. Have no idea how to get it to work. Recently purchased a new AsRock H61M-VG4 mobo to replace my old one that died. I have a EVGA GTX 750 Ti graphics card in my other PC (HTPC) and decided to move it to my main. Purchased a new monitor so would like to maximize the display. Installed graphics card and plugged HDMI cable for monitor into. Black screen that goes to sleep after a few. Also tried the VGA cable. Same thing. Showing no signal. Went into BIOS for AsRock mobo to disable the integrated graphics card. No option to do so. Closest thing was to default video to PCIE. This was already defaulted. Still black screen. Tried to install NVIDIA drivers and getting the no compatible graphics card found. Device manager doesn't have it listed either or no listing of unknown or generic card. Just the integrated graphics card is shown. Also updated BIOS to latest version. Site mentions gtx 750 ti is compatible with the mobo so I am at a loss on what to do.

CPU - i7 2600 Mobo - AsRock H61M-VG4

RAM - 8GB

OS - Windows 10

raphics Card - EVGA GTX 750 ti

Thanks for your time and assistance. fingers crossed

What site mentions compatibility between the 750 TI and the H61M-VG4?

The BIOS setting to select a video card is in the North Bridge Configuration screen, the very first option, Primary Graphics Adapter. Settings are Onboard or PCI Express. This is the standard option still used on the latest boards for the video source selection. If you keep a cable connected to the Onboard graphics, it might still be selected during boot.

But it seems clear your 750 Ti card is not being detected. No Device Manager entry or detection by the driver installation program.

The 750 Ti is a PCIe 3.0 card, your CPU is a PCIe 2.0 source. The card still should work or at least be detected using PCIe 2.0 as far as I know.

Did you ever use a video card in the H61M-VG4 board?

The 750 Ti is drawing power only from the PCIe slot. What PSU are you using? 20 or 24 pin connector from the PSU to the board?

Check the mounting of the 750 in the slot. Be sure the locking tab on the slot is opened before inserting the card, and then lock it into place. Are the contacts on the video card clean?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 3:08pm
When I did a search to check for compatibility between your board and the 750ti I found numerous threads in various places where you have posted your issue with no results.

I would get in touch with tech support directly and give them the details of your problem. If the board is new,  the GPU known to be working and you have tried what Parsec suggested above then it is likely a compatibility issue.

You can contact Tech Support directly here.
therealmikeo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therealmikeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

What site mentions compatibility between the 750 TI and the H61M-VG4?

The BIOS setting to select a video card is in the North Bridge Configuration screen, the very first option, Primary Graphics Adapter. Settings are Onboard or PCI Express. This is the standard option still used on the latest boards for the video source selection. If you keep a cable connected to the Onboard graphics, it might still be selected during boot.

But it seems clear your 750 Ti card is not being detected. No Device Manager entry or detection by the driver installation program.

The 750 Ti is a PCIe 3.0 card, your CPU is a PCIe 2.0 source. The card still should work or at least be detected using PCIe 2.0 as far as I know.

Did you ever use a video card in the H61M-VG4 board?

The 750 Ti is drawing power only from the PCIe slot. What PSU are you using? 20 or 24 pin connector from the PSU to the board?

Check the mounting of the 750 in the slot. Be sure the locking tab on the slot is opened before inserting the card, and then lock it into place. Are the contacts on the video card clean?

PC Specs show the 750ti as compatible with the mobo. http://www.pc-specs.com/gpu/Nvidia/700_Series/GeForce_GTX_750_Ti/883/Compatible_Motherboards However, when I do the reverse and search by mobo and check the gpu compatible it doesn't show the 700 series so there's probably the answer. 

Never used a video card on the mobo. Newly purchased to replace previous mobo (another brand) that died. 

Using a 400w PSU that came with the case. 24 pin connector. 

Can confirm, card is locked in place and card is clean.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 6:06pm
I wouldn't trust a bundled PSU unless the case was a well known brand like Zalman, Corsair, Thermaltake etc. I would get a better, brand name 450w PSU for your system regardless of the GPU issue you are having. Often these bundled PSUs are not actually able to supply the power they are rated for.

It is worth trying the 750ti with a better brand PSU to rule out power as the issue.

I would still get in touch with tech support and see what they can tell you about your issue, there may be something they can do for you.
therealmikeo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therealmikeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 4:26am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

I wouldn't trust a bundled PSU unless the case was a well known brand like Zalman, Corsair, Thermaltake etc. I would get a better, brand name 450w PSU for your system regardless of the GPU issue you are having. Often these bundled PSUs are not actually able to supply the power they are rated for.

It is worth trying the 750ti with a better brand PSU to rule out power as the issue.

I would still get in touch with tech support and see what they can tell you about your issue, there may be something they can do for you.

Been emailing back and forth with them this morning. Nothing they can do on their side. Only option given was to get a new mobo or see if the 750 Ti has a new BIOS. 
yukyuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yukyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 1:48am
actually i am running the same motherboard with the same cpu i7 2600, 8gb klevv and a palit 750 ti stormx

it worked plug and play

so the motherboard should be capable of running it unless it's faulty

the card also runs all right on an older asus p5b
xelm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xelm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 9:44pm
i just replaced my GPU from a R7 250X Series to a GTX 750 TI SC [ double fan ] and i am getting a normal boot with no display. both fans on the GPU are running. my keyboard & mouse light up.
i even heard windows default sound boot up.
how do i fix this?

my specs are;
Windows 10 (10.0) Professional 64-bit
motherboard: ASRock H81M-HDS
PROCESSOR: i5-4690k @ 3.50ghz
RAM: 8GB
PSU/PowerSupply: Corsair CX 650M
Drives: 1 TB SSD, 200GB hdd & a 500 GB hdd.

I updated the bios from p1.60 to P2.30a
vendor American Megatrends Inc.
version P2.30a
date 03/09/2016
ROM size 4096 KB

PCI express in the bios is already enabled.
fast boot is off.
i even uninstalled AMD drivers in safe mode using DDU, shut down.
added the 750 ti sc. Reset the cmos, re-seated the ram. 
cleared the existing power from the pc.
and fresh booted. [ yes the 6 pin connector already in the 750 ]

i have tried everything and have spent almost a week trying to get this to work.
i have windows installed on an SSD and 2 other HDDs to hold my files, as well as a USB drive.
if that matters.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic