ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x99... I don't know what more I can do.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squirrelly McNuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x99... I don't know what more I can do.
    Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 3:09am
So I have the following:
X99 Extreme 4
i7 3.3 ghz 
2 DD4 3200 16g from gskill

The big problem I have is no video. Not even BIOS. I have read every post I can fined on the subject and have done the following (each time resetting the COMS), Move the ram around (a1,b1-a1,d1-a1,c1) removed a stick (just a1), removed all the ram, changed video cards, unplugged everything but gpu and keyboard. Checked the CPU for bent pins. I also repeated most of this and reset the COMS and removing the battery in between each step. Removing the battery is the only thing that seemed to do anything. The computer would power up for a minute then power cycle itself but still nothing.

I simply don't know what more to do. 
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 5:51am
Welcome to the forums Smile

Looking at your specs I see you have DDR4 3200 RAM. There is no 3200 RAM listed as supported for your board and while the list does not usually get updated after release it is quite likely that the RAM kit you have is not supported by the board. I would suggest you borrow/buy a cheap single stick of approved DDR4 RAM to test with. If you are able to get the system to post with different RAM you can then update your BIOS to the latest version and try the 3200 RAM again. 

This is a fairly common issue now with Skylake also using DDR4, many of the newer kits are certified for Skylake but not the 2011 -v3 platform or require the latest BIOS on a 2011 platform to be compatible. I hope this helps.

Edited by Xaltar - 25 Feb 2016 at 5:51am
Squirrelly McNuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squirrelly McNuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 3:04am
Thank you. However I have a question. Should it not at least boot to the BIOS if I remove the RAM all together?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 2:10pm
Sadly no, the RAM is essential for the system to post. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic