ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Not having luck with Internet Flash

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trog69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not having luck with Internet Flash
    Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 5:14pm
 I plugged in a flash drive, and then used the Restart to UEFI program. Once in the UEFI, I clicked Internet Flash, but after a few minutes, it said there was some kind of "Internet connection error". 

I'm very sorry, but I'm more ignorant of the terminology of routers and connections than I am the BIOS. ( I have a fairly potent gaming laptop that hasn't been used in almost a year because I can't figure out how to get it to connect to my internet service)

After I clicked "Okay" on that error message, the program froze, and I had to Ctrl/Alt/Dlt to get back to normal. I hope I didn't screw things up. 

EDIT: I guess I should add that I had already installed the App Shop, and right before I tried to use the Internet Flash, I installed the updates from that program. 
i7-6700k/Win 10home/980ti SC+/z170 Extreme4/16gb ADATA @2800/256gb SSD/2tb HDD/1440p
Montoya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Montoya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2016 at 5:17pm
Personally, I only use "Instant Flash" to safely update the UEFI/BIOS, because this methode is the most reliable option for this task to me with new systems, compared to the other flash options.
Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac, Intel i5-6500, Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Fractal Design Core 500, Win10 Pro X64
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic