ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X99E-ITX/ac No Post

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zachinthebox101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X99E-ITX/ac No Post
    Posted: 28 Feb 2016 at 2:29am
Hello everyone,

I have been having some difficulty getting my motherboard to post. I will post my parts list then the rest of the info!

Intel Core i7-5820k CPU
Corsair H75 AIO Cooler (with bracket for 2011 narrow)
AsRock X99E-ITX/ac Motherboard
Crucial CT4G4DFS8213 Memory Module (4GB)
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Hybrid GPU
Silverstone 600W SFX Power Supply

TLDR: 5 beeps from motherboard speaker, no video out.

So, pretty much I've gone through all of the troubleshooting I can imagine, but I am not sure where to go from here. Unfortunately, I don't have a second CPU or Motherboard lying around for me to check either of those. I got the mobo and CPU from jet.com and everything else from Amazon.

I have confirmed my GPU works in another build, and I get the same result when I use my friends working EVGA 780 gpu.

I believe my bios chip is on version 1.2 because there is a p1.2 sticker on the board.

When I plug in just my CPU, I get three beeps. When I add in a memory module, I get ten beeps. When I add in my GPU, I get five beeps, but no post/video out whatsoever. My monitor also definitely works. 

I've seen other people have issues with memory (like I originally did with my 16x2 gb sticks) so I purchased the 4gb module directly from amazon and the motherboard's supported memory list. Those issues (which was no post and no video out for me) are usually alleviated as people are able to use the 4gb stick to update their bios and then their issues are gone. 

Also, does asrock have a US support number I could call to see if they can help? I have contacted jet.com, but they do not provide technical support and have asked that I just return the product. I would have to wait for my package to arrive and then ten days processing before I could initate another motherboard order so I wanted to look for alternatives before I commit to waiting another two weeks for my computer to post. I've also been dealing with this memory issue, so if it is the PSU or CPU, I'd like to find that out sooner than later (waiting on a motherboard).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Apparently, 5 beeps means that it could be GPU or CPU related, but I don't know if anyone has experienced any issues like this. Would it be possibly to have asrock ship me a new board directly?

Thanks again for the help.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2016 at 3:56am
5 beeps is typically CPU related. If you have not already, remove the CPU and check for bent pins in the socket. They can be very hard to spot so take your time and use a magnifying glass if you have to. Also check the power connections from your PSU and make sure they are properly seated and that you do not have a PCIe 8 pin power connector connected to the 8 pin CPU power connector.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic