ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - B560M Steel Legend + i5 11400 = no HDMI output£
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B560M Steel Legend + i5 11400 = no HDMI output£

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vision Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B560M Steel Legend + i5 11400 = no HDMI output£
    Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 7:28am
Hi - I just built a new system using the B560M Steel Legend board paired with the i5 11400 CPU and I'm unable to get any display output on the HDMI port on the motherboard.

I fortunately had a spare GPU laying around - and after connecting it up to the same HDMI cable I can get into the BIOS and see all my hardware.

However, based on the manual under the Advanced > Chipset Configuration I should see/have the option for "Primary Graphics Adapter" at the top, and I don't have this option. The first option is the "Above 4G Decoding".

The BIOS version is showing 1.8.0.

The i5 11400 is supposed to have an iGPU (I realise the F variant doesn't, I've double checked the box/cpu die that it is not this variant).

Please Note: I have the M2 PCIe Gen4 slot populated with a Gen4 Nvme drive, and all right angle SATA ports populated with drives.

This computer is built to be a Unraid/NAS box - hence no dedicated GPU.

To troublshoot I unplugged all SATA drives and removed all but 1 8GB stick of RAM in the 2nd slot without the spare GPU plugged in.. but it doesn't boot up, or show display on the onboard HDMI plug - and the diagnostic LEDs show VGA and BOOT lit up.

Can someone please help/explain?.
vision View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vision Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 10:59am
User error display I was using obviously didn't support the resolutions the bios was trying to output when connected to onboard HDMI. I used another TV and was able to see bios and see/change the primary display adaptor to "onboard".

User error move along, please feel free to delete this thread.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 3:17am
Glad you got it figured out. I won't delete the thread though, it's a fairly common
user error so your thread may help someone with the same issue. Enjoy the new build
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic