ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - B450M Steel Legend fans broken with latest bios£
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450M Steel Legend fans broken with latest bios£

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mistral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450M Steel Legend fans broken with latest bios£
    Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 1:23am
My B450M SL came with P3.30 and I had set a custom fan PWM profile for the chassis fans that started with 3% at 50 degrees (as with my fans that results in 400 rpm) and so on and everything worked beautifully.

Yesterday, I decided I might as well update to P4.20 - update went well, then I did the load bios defaults and an extra restart, then went back into bios to set everything again the way I liked it.

Thing is, upon restart, my chassis fans run max speed, as if the profile was not saved. If I go back in bios, the setting are there, and the moment I start editing them I can hear they kick in and run the fans at the intended speeds. All is good, until I shut down or restart the PC, when fans run full-blast again.

Any solution to this? Anyone else experienced that problem with the latest bios?
Mistral View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mistral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 10:04am
Minor update: installing ASRock's "A-Tuning" enables the correct rpm in Windows. That's an OK workaround, but it would be better if things worked right out of bios like before.

EDIT: I take the above back, partially. Even with A-Tuning installed, the fan profile only works correctly some of the time... Is nobody else experiencing this issue?
hisnbarg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hisnbarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2022 at 4:55pm
Similar issue with different mainboard (X370 Pro4); updated to the latest version (7.10) and now chassis fans spin at 100%.
I managed to control the fans with SpeedFan, but until Windows is
booted up, it's extremely noisy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic