ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need Suggestions for my Mining Rig

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pk2040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Suggestions for my Mining Rig
    Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 11:07pm
Hey guys,

Hello, my name is Prabhat Kumar and I'm new to your forum. I'm searching for a motherboard for my mining setup. And after doing several internet searches on this subject, I discovered a blog post on Thepcbuild.

There were a lot of motherboard alternatives available owing to several reasons, and I was only able to select two.

1. ASRock H110 PRO BTC + LGA 1151 Motherboard (for Mining with Intel 6th and 7th Gen CPUs) Having DDR4-2400 MHz and 13 GPUs Support
2. GIGABYTE B365M DS3H Mining Motherboard with Intel LGA1151, USB 3.1 Gen 1 (USB3.0) Type A, and DDR4 RAM

However, in terms of features, this motherboard is similar to others. When it comes to pricing, though, the Asrock mother is the most expensive on the list of best motherboards for Ethereum mining.

That's why I'm perplexed between them, and I can't decide one over the other. So please assist me in selecting the finest motherboard for my mining setup. Any input would be very helpful.

Best Regards.
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 10:18pm
The Gigabyte board is NOT a mining board, not every desktop board is capable of handling multiple graphics card
H110 pro BTC is especially built for mining. you must install the OS in UEFI (GPT)mode, meaning CSM in BIOS is set to disabled, also Above 4 G decoding muisdt be set to enabled.
Clever Access memory is not supported by every card, so fot the first try, set to disabled
Kind Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic