ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Graphics Card Not Detected after BIOS Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uli_p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Graphics Card Not Detected after BIOS Update
    Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 3:47am
Hello,

I am new here and I have a problem: I had to do a BIOS Update because TPM Enable wasn't recognised by Windows 10. After having flashed BIOS-Version P4.40 the TPM recognition worked fine. However my Graphics Card is no longer recognised.

Configuration:
Motherboard: Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX/AC
Processor: Intel Core i7-9700 3.00GHz
RAM: 32 GB
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT 1030

Steps I have undertaken:
- Cleared CMOS
- Put Graphics Card into PCI Slot 1. -> Unsuccesful
- Put Graphics Card back into Slot 2. -> still not recognised.
- Set the PCIE1 link speed to "GEN3"
- Tried both outputs on my graphics Card with 3 different monitors (just to make sure)

What else can I try? The graphics card worked fine right until the upgrade. At the reboot after the update I got a black screen and had to plug my Monitor into the internal GPU.

Thanks for reading and trying to help.
uli_p
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 4:53am
Clear CMOS, if that doesn't work then follow the steps here for a complete CMOS/RTC
clear:
https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=630&title=how-to-clear-cmos-via-battery-removal

If that fails, try contacting ASRock Tech Support:
https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

Good luck.
uli_p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uli_p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 9:11pm
Thank you very much for your help. I tried the complete CMOS/RTC clear as suggested by your post. Unfortunately, it didn't help (though the CMOS was indeed cleared and every setting went back to default).

After praying to Jesus for a solution, all of a sudden I remembered having read somewhere on the Internet about Riser Card Support. So I turned it on and set it to 8x | 8x. That did the trick. Everything is working now. (I don't know what a Riser Card is but in hindsight I guess that it is the extra kind of "Breakout Card" that my GPU is plugged into).

Your help made me try again - so it wasn't in vain. Thanks for responding so promptly.
Yours
Uli
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 10:37pm
I am happy to hear you got it working
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic