ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do i enable NX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lawnmower60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do i enable NX
    Posted: 10 Mar 2016 at 7:15pm
I have a B75-gl R2.0 motherboard how do I enable NX in it if I have  update bios how do I do as your advert says just a few clicks but no explanation I have an intel G2120 Pentium that says it supports nx can anyone help I cannot load win 10 even with latest usb download from microsoft
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 12:19am
I'm not sure what you are referring to by "NX".

Do you mean the NX software from NoMachine, or the Intel SBA, Intel Small Business Advantage software that is compatible with your board? Or is it something else?

If you mean the Intel SBA software, you don't need to enable it in the UEFI/BIOS.

Your board's Manual page has an entry for the Intel SBA Installation Guide, here:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/B75M-GL%20R2.0/?cat=Manual

You must install the Intel SBA software. You can find the software on the disk that came with your board, or download it from your board's information page on ASRock's website, in the Utilities section.

This is the Windows 7 64bit download page for your board:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/B75M-GL%20R2.0/?cat=Download&os=Win764

Intel seems to have a newer version of this software, although the version number is earlier than the one on your board's page. This software is a newer version of SBA, which explains the version number difference, but should work with your board:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25533/Intel-Small-Business-Extended-Access

Edited by parsec - 11 Mar 2016 at 12:20am
lawnmower60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lawnmower60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 1:14am
This explains what NX is it supposed to be enabled in bios but I cannot find anywhere to do it  my processor supports
?œNo-eXecute (NX) is a processor feature that allows marking of memory pages as non-executable. The feature allows the CPU to help guard the system from attacks by malicious software. When the NX feature is enabled on a system, it prevents malicious software code from being placed in accessible regions of memory to be executed when control reaches that memory location. Windows 8 requires that systems must have processors that support NX, and NX must be turned on??/div>
lawnmower60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lawnmower60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 1:16am
This covers win 8 and10
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 3:09am
The option is under "Advanced\CPU Configuration" in your BIOS. At least according to page 50 of your user manual.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic