ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unknown Bios P3.10 for Asrock X99 Extreme4?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Smagjus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smagjus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unknown Bios P3.10 for Asrock X99 Extreme4?
    Posted: 15 Mar 2016 at 7:56pm
Ah sorry, I didn't intend to abandon the thread but I didn't receive the email notification.

Anyways, within the UEFI the bios version shown was P3.10. I already downgraded back to my backup with 2.00 because upon boot I would most of the time get a BSOD with the error "Machine_Check_Exception".

Before that I noticed two differences between 2.00 and P3.10:
First the latter bios would show the boot screen on the DVI screen and then switch to my main DisplayPort screen. The 2.00 bios would simply boot to the DisplayPort screen.

And then the P3.10 bios would offer me to save OC profiles to my hard drive. This feature didn't exist in 2.00.

I am not sure how the newest version 2.10 would differ here but I think I will stay with 2.00 as it appears to be stable to me. The new Samsung SSD SM951-NVMe works and boots fine aswell.

Edited by Smagjus - 15 Mar 2016 at 7:57pm
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 11:53pm
Curious find there, unless AIDA64 made a mistake reading the UEFI/BIOS version.

If you now go into the UEFI/BIOS on your board, on the Main screen, what version is shown?

There is no UEFI/BIOS change logs for ASRock boards that I am aware of.

The date for the "P3.10" BIOS is 05/12/15, which if correct is older than what is now listed as the date of the 2.10 version.

If that was my board, I would download the 2.10 Instant Flash file and run the Instant Flash feature with the unzipped UEFI file on a USB flash drive.

Smagjus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smagjus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 7:31pm
Hello,

yesterday I updated my Bios via Internet Flash to accommodate a new m.2 device. Though instead of the expected 2.10, the version that was downloaded and installed was P3.10.

I cannot find any information about this version and I am wondering if there is a change log.

Here the official website:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/X99%20Extreme4/?cat=Download&os=BIOS
And here a screenshot from AIDA64:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic