ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 10 dropouts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 10 dropouts
    Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 8:23pm
hello

I have built a windows 10 machine that has a ASrock H170 PRO4/D3 main board with a Intel I5 series 6 cpu.

Normally you would disconnect two hard drives and leave the boot drive which in this case a Sumsung V800 SSD drive. And then connect the other two after oparating system installed, when this is done th PC starts in Dignostic Mode and then progresses to Repair Mode and then when it canot repair it restarts and you go round in circles, you usually have to put up with a reload of the operating system, this has happened 3 times in two days, rather frustrating.

Can anyone shed any light on this problem.
Goodman is my name nd good photograhy and good framing is my game.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Iang Iang wrote:

hello

I have built a windows 10 machine that has a ASrock H170 PRO4/D3 main board with a Intel I5 series 6 cpu.

Normally you would disconnect two hard drives and leave the boot drive which in this case a Sumsung V800 SSD drive. And then connect the other two after oparating system installed, when this is done th PC starts in Dignostic Mode and then progresses to Repair Mode and then when it canot repair it restarts and you go round in circles, you usually have to put up with a reload of the operating system, this has happened 3 times in two days, rather frustrating.

Can anyone shed any light on this problem.

You are doing the right thing by only having one drive connected to the PC when installing Windows.

Your problem seems to indicate that there is an MBR or GPT system/boot partition on at least one of the two drives you disconnected before installing Windows on the SSD.

If you can boot into Windows from the SSD, start Disk Management, and see what partitions you have on the two other drives.

If one or both of the two other drives have a System partition on them, then that is the problem. Also see what partitions are on the Samsung SSD, to be sure your Windows installation is correct.

You could also run a CMD prompt in Windows, and run the diskpart command, and look for System partitions on the other two drives.

I have never heard of a Samsung V800 SSD. Is that the right model?
Iang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 1:53pm
Thanks for Your suggestions.

On this forum last night I read an article on using SSD drives and asrock H170 PRO4/D3.

This PC should have identified the SSD drive as UEFI because it di not do this I reset the Bios and then it worked but I could not find any reference to this in the Handbook.

So this has changed the look at first boot up as well as the bios screen it says UEFI, which I understand what it is to say.
Goodman is my name nd good photograhy and good framing is my game.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic