ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B550m steel legend LEDs not turning off

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddcut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B550m steel legend LEDs not turning off
    Posted: 20 Mar 2022 at 10:54am
I recently had some problems with the polychrome software giving me some error messages so I uninstalled and reinstalled it. It fixed the error message but now the rgb on the top left of the motherboard where it says steel legend and the glowing S symbol don't turn off after shutting down. I checked the bios and the setting to turn on LED on S5 is already disabled.
Thanks,
Dave
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 10:56pm
Hello Dave,

Error messages is a bit vague, but in general error messages are often caused by other RGB software, Icue from Corsair is a known one, that conflict with the ASRock software and RGB controller on the board.'Sometimes uninstalling all RGB tools, and rebooting the system, helps.
Next remove the folders that were created by these tools, and restart again.
After restart, install the latest ASRock RGB tool, and give it some time.'When it is finshed, reboot the system, and start the tool.
The first time it detects the RGB LED hardware, and then it starts the firmware update, give this some time, you will see 2 icons on the taskbar, it doesn't seem the system is doing anything, but in the background it often checks.
If this doesn't solve the problem, use the support form
https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp?ln=en
When using a gmail account, always check your spam folder
Kind Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic