ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crossfire 295X2 display issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exceed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crossfire 295X2 display issue
    Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 6:05pm
Hi all,

So I've got an Extreme 11 motherboard with a 5960X i7 CPU, upon purchase the motherboard came with bios version 1.00. But I've since upgraded it to 1.20.

The problem I'm having is that I have dual 295X2's in Crossfire.

Whilst the system boots up I am only able to receive output from one GPU, until Windows loads (which I'm having separate problems with).

Previously the cards were installed in an AMD system with an FX8350 in a Sabertooth 990FX motherboard and display output on both screens.

I have the displays connected via miniDP, with one in each device (as I had previously).

Is this expected behaviour as I know there have been issues with Crossfire 295X2's and this motherboard previously.

Once I'm into Windows both displays do turn on (it's sporadic and I've had a few BSOD's. I'm doing a fresh install tonight to rule that out).

Any ideas, should I be using the beta bios as the release 1.20 makes no mention of GPU in the release notes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic