ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X299 Professional Gaming I9 XE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 13oots2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X299 Professional Gaming I9 XE
    Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 8:01am
First post here and it's a cry for help. I have a 10980XE processor that requires per core and under volting as 2 of the cores run much too hot, can only run them about 4gHz whilst most of the cores run 4.6 and 2 at 5.

My cooling isn't an issue as my previous board was able to overclock with a negative voltage offset on the cores. I have tried all sorts to try and run a reduced voltage on the cores and think I have exhausted everything. I need to apply a negative offset to some cores of about -.120 and know I can run the rest lower than auto from my previous mobo.

I would go back to my old board but that had power delivery issues and rendering under load was slower than my 7940X.
13oots2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 13oots2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 8:37am
Found a workaround for the problem, downloaded Intel XTU and setup a per core profile. I then replaced the default profile with my saved one and set Task Scheduler to run the programme minimised. All running sweet as a nut and more importantly much cooler than the Specific Core setting in BIOS.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic