ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 - ETHERNET PROBLEM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 - ETHERNET PROBLEM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRockN00B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 - ETHERNET PROBLEM
    Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 11:14pm
As per the title, my X570 Phantom Gaming 4 ethernet connectivity is problematic.

I just finished building my new PC. I have a fresh Windows 10 installed too. I've tried installing the latest drivers a couple times, to no avail. Under the Device Manager, everything is properly displayed and detected, with no alerts on any hardware, and all drivers show hardware functioning properly, including the network adaptors. When a troubleshooting scan is initiated, all I get is that I don't have a cable connected which isn't the case. Strangely, it's a proper cable 5e with a valid ethernet connection. When I unplug it and connect it directly into two others computers sitting next to each other, I have an immediate internet connection. However, as soon as I plug it back in my X570 motherboard, it doesn't work. I've tried everything posted on this forum, as well as many other YouTube strategies which included deleting the old drivers and reinstalling it. I've tried setting up static IP addresses. I've tried playing with the BIOS settings a little by enabling/disabling the deep sleep mode. I've realized that some settings discussed online aren't showing in my BIOS as I have version 4.00. Both of my cable LED are also flashing intermittently and simultanously.

Should I go to UEFI version 4.30 as my next troubleshooting step? I am at loss.

Thanks in advance.
Deirfyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deirfyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 3:10am
I'm having the same problem. Brand new build. Only I've tried Ubuntu desktop 20.04 LTS and Debian 11 (command line only). Originally even I had Ubuntu desktop I thought it might be the GUI causing a timeout. That's when I moved to Debian and after 3-4 days, same thing happened. I'll be updating to the latest bios today, but my Ethernet drop out doesn't happen immediately, it usually takes a few days. I also stopped at micro center and picked up a PCIx gigabit Ethernet adapter. I'll be installing it if the bios update doesn't work.
ASRockN00B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRockN00B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 5:41am
Which version of BIOS have you updated it to? Did it work?

I was also debating buying an Ethernet PCI adaptor as for troubleshooting.
Deirfyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deirfyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2022 at 11:43pm
Just coming back to this. I updated to the latest one, 4.30. I also installed the PCIX NIC before updating. After about 12 hours, same thing. Network lost connectivity on the Motherboard. So I switched to the NIC. Same issue after 12 hours. One of my plex users messaged me directly about the server being down yesterday so rebooted the machine. I woke up today and it was down. So I went to reboot it myself but thankfully I have a monitor hooked up to it. As it's CLI only, I saw that there is a soft lock on CPU 0 from the WatchDog Daemon. After searching that error, I discovered this link:

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/659071/network-disconnects-after-soft-lockup

Apparently Ryzen doesn't play well with Linux. They recommend adding a line to my kernal to hopefully resolve it. I don't know what that means for you as you're on Windows though. It could be something similar under Windows, but I'm not sure.
ASRockN00B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRockN00B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2022 at 4:08am
What is your CPU? I have a 5600G with no graphic card yet. I?™m just asking since you?™re implying it could be related to the CPU.
Deirfyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deirfyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2022 at 5:09am
I just installed a 5600x into my new build. So from what it appears, it's something with idling/c6 state. I couldn't find anything in the motherboard settings to turn off c6, do had to do the kernel modification.

Since you're on Windows, are you running in high performance? Can you disable sleep/hibernation?

https://www.hellotech.com/guide/for/how-to-turn-off-sleep-hibernation-mode-on-windows-10
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic