ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

960GC-GS FX Onboard IGP hassle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauljaye8t6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 960GC-GS FX Onboard IGP hassle
    Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 5:32pm
Hi Guys,
  I have a 960GC-GS FX with a XFX HD6870...I have major issue when trying to install/upgrade the drivers for this the addon card.

The motherboard bios is flashed to 1.70, also set to the PCIe as first adapter. Is there a way to turn off the onboard video card?. It's driving me nuts!.

Any help would be great!...thanks
To be or not to be....mah
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 6:09pm
According to your user manual there should be an option to set "Shared Memory" but looking through the BIOS write up I didn't find one. If it is present in your BIOS then setting it to "Auto" should disable the onboard graphics when an add in GPU is present.
pauljaye8t6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauljaye8t6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 8:02pm
Thanks for replying Xaltar. I've already tried that, setting shared memory to auto. When I check the system page on Win7 it shows part of my 8Gb of memory being assigned as shared and the onboard graphic card present in device manager. I've set the shared to 8mb - and same results in device manager. I'm at a loss to why the IGP is still turned on!. Even with the latest bios update.
To be or not to be....mah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic