ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock Z690 RS Pro iGPU doesn't work

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultnrg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock Z690 RS Pro iGPU doesn't work
    Posted: 09 Apr 2022 at 4:23pm
Just purchased an Asrock Z690 RS Pro motherboard.

I have a strange issue where if I plug my RTX 3060 Ti into the PCIe 5.0 slot, the iGPU stops working completely (even though IGPU multi monitor is enabled & primary graphics adapter is Onboard).

Updated to the latest BIOS (8.01). Tried changing various BIOS options, including changing the IGPU memory from Auto to the different options (32MB, 64MB, 128MB, 256MB, 512MB and 1024MB) and nothing works.

Even more strange is that if I plug an older RTX 2070 into the PCIe slot then onboard works fine with the same settings. Just when I go back to the 3060 Ti the IGPU stops working.

Is this some sort of BIOS bug or is there something I'm missing?
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 4:11pm
Hi ultnrg,

Thank you for your email.

We took a test with Z690 Pro RS (8.01) and RTX 3060 ti, the iGPU can work with our problem.

Here is the BIOS setting that we set.

IGPU multi monitor - enabled
Primary graphics adapter - onboard.

Please try to clear the CMOS and set the BIOS again.

All the best
ASRock TSD
Arni69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arni69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 12:12am
Same Problem with the new Bios 2.10 on Z590 Extreme. If I use the IGpu with TV (receiver) the PC hangs on sometimes. Have also a 3060 Ti with my display. Is the TV on and the cable connect, no problem. But is the TV off sometimes the PC freeze. Also I can´t open then the Bios. There are no menu F2 and so on. The Tool "start to UEFI" also not working. A black screen. Delete the cable igpu no problems. This is since the new Bios. Clear the cmos and load default does´nt help.
rocket888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocket888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2022 at 6:51am
I have a problem with multi-monitor, when I set it enabled, my windows 10 system will not boot. The disk led doesn't even flash at all.

I have the z690 extreme wifi. bios 2.07

I have a geforce 210 nvidia gpu. If I plug in the hdmi to it then it works, and I can plug in another monitor to the vga.

If I pull out the gpu card, then no boot devices show up. However, the onboard hdmi does show up at boot and I can set the bios (this is w/o enabling multi-monitor mode). Haven't tried every combo though.
Arni69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arni69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 12:56pm
My Z590 doesn´t check the Primary Display. Everytime only use the iGPU.
Arni69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arni69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 2:54pm
Also Intel Sound does`nt found in System. The Bios 2.10 is buggy for Intel iGPU!
Crazy_Jaxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazy_Jaxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 5:03am
Anyone find a fix for this? I am having the same issue with a Z690 Phantom Gaming 4 and a GTX3070, except in my case the motherboard won't boot at all when multi monitor is enabled, even if I remove my graphics card and use F11 to manually choose the boot location.
DrDave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 8:56pm
I have this combination and I get a black screen when I enable the IGPU. There is no "primary adapter" in the advanced page of the bios, is it somewhere else?
DrDave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by ASRock_TSD ASRock_TSD wrote:

Hi ultnrg,

Thank you for your email.

We took a test with Z690 Pro RS (8.01) and RTX 3060 ti, the iGPU can work with our problem.

Here is the BIOS setting that we set.

IGPU multi monitor - enabled
Primary graphics adapter - onboard.

Please try to clear the CMOS and set the BIOS again.

All the best
ASRock TSD

Where is Primary? I don't see it in advanced (Z690 Pro RS latest bios)
DrDave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 7:41am
Missing menu and use of IGPU and Card simultaneously:
The menus item does not appear in the bios if you have CSM selected for example an MBR style hard drive. If you have that, you cannot AFAIK use IGPU and Nvidia card together as the option to select the card is simply not present in the bios. Unfortunately, this does not seem to be documented.
To be clear: if you enable CSM, the menu item for graphics priority will simply vanish.
Workarounds: disable the CSM, and, if necessary to boot you disk convert the MBR partition to GPT with the inclusion of the boot material.
Once you can boot without CSM, you may have to make the changes in succession to the bios, but, eventually, I was able to get it to work. I did, however, have to convert my hard drive. Aomei partition manager will do it without losing your data, but it isn't cheap.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic