ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

auto driver installer service - fails

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocket888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: auto driver installer service - fails
    Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 8:15am
This causes a window to pop up that asks if I want to one-step-install the latest drivers. A yes answer produce an error: Fail to retrieve download info, but after about 20 seconds without a response, the dialog goes blank. I can still find the yes/no answers, so now I just click no each time. I have to get rid of it since it's hiding anything below it on the screen.

How do I disable this service. I used autoruns to disable it but it still comes back on every boot. I even tried to rename the .exe file and it just comes back?

This must be some kind of temp service, since after I click on no, the service disappears from the services listings.

And what is the asrock i/o driver do? Seems to be related.

rocket888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocket888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2022 at 6:41am
Ok, got it working.

1. needed to install the software for the auto installer on windows.
2. there's a bios setting under tools to enable or disable the popup dialog.

If there is nothing to update, this should not come up at boot. But at least I got everything updated, and now turned off the auto installer in the bios, so it's ok. Not sure why this would be a bios option.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic