ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

4-PIN problem with H81 BTC PRO

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcleodx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4-PIN problem with H81 BTC PRO
    Posted: 02 Apr 2016 at 8:30am
I have set up a 3 graphics car mining rig using the H81 BTC PRO.  I'm using 3 powered risers, with USB connections to the x1 PCI-E slots, power connections to the PSU, and the 1st graphics card connected to the monitor.

My problem is that every time I boot I get the error message "please install the PSU's 4-pin power cables to the 4-pin connections on your motherboard" with an image of a cable connecting to the 2 molex connectors on the motherboard.  The real problem is that I have already connected the PSU to the 2 molexes on the motherboard, and this message persists.

The cable goes from the PSU, connecting to the molex closest to the PCI-E slots, then coming back to the slot on the opposite side of the CPU.  I've been told that this is the correct way to connect, and have also tried it the other way around as well.

PLEASE can someone that knows how to solve this problem give me some advice.  I've been working on this for a few days on and off and still not booting without the warning.  I don't want to proceed and then risk burning out the motherboard or something.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2016 at 10:24am
I don't own this board so I cannot give you any personal experience with it, but...

Do you know somehow that once both of the molex connectors are connected to the board, that the message will no longer be displayed?

The board/BIOS may be able to detect that two, three, or more connections have been made to the PCIe x1 slots, which then triggers that message.

But the board/BIOS may not be able to detect that the two molex connectors on the board have been connected to the PSU.

Which means that message will always be displayed when a certain number of the PCIe x1 slots are in use.

If this is not true, then the only alternative is one or both of the molex connectors are not receiving power for some reason.

IMO, it is more likely that the warning message appears regardless of whether or not the molex connectors are connected to a PSU. I may be wrong about this, but it is certainly a possibility.
mcleodx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcleodx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2016 at 10:48am
I would welcome the news that it was the case that this message would automatically show for a certain number of PCI-E's being used.  If anyone can confirm this, or has insight into whether something can be done to check whether the molexes are working/registering as connected that would be extremely helpful
plucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 7:45am
Having same issue. Just wanted to reply to this in case someone else sees it.

It appears to be just a warning, as the GPUs on my system appear to be working.

It is not fully loaded though (with 6) so I'm not sure if it would be a problem later.. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic