ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock RAID issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock RAID issue
    Posted: 02 May 2022 at 5:54pm
The way I normally install this, is by setting the SATA settings to RAID in the BIOS, before installing Windows.
Next create the new RAID array
Then load the 3 drivers, which means that also Windows is installed with integrated RAID drivers.
You can also check the AMD website, section Drivers, for the B450 chipset, you should also find the RAID drivers.
I think the problem is related to the drivers.
You can also try the Windows RAID expert tool (which You can also find on the AMD website), and try to create the RAID array from Within Windows.
Additional note, not every SSD. HDD can support RAID, especially SSD, is sometimes not capable of running in RAID
Kind Regards
Eraserhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eraserhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 11:38am
ASRockB450M /Ryzen 5 2600 /16gb DDR4
DISK:WD SSD 500gb (WIN 10 64bit)(BOOT)
2 X 160gb WD HDD SATA (clean & initialized)
Briefly, I have tried almost every avenue without success. From the info above I have 1 SSD 500gb AHCI boot drive (no issues). I am running low on HDD space. Thankfully, I have 2 identical clean disk to setup with RAID 0. RAID doesnt work. RAIDXPERT2 throws an driver not found error. I have downloaded the ASRock utilities software as well as the CHIPSET drivers. Also I have the floppy boot drivers (craid.ing, sys,& cat for all three drivers (craid, rconf, & rbottom.
The UEFI settings are set according
to the manual as well as any source documentation.
Easy raid installer says to put in the support cd(this doesnt work at all, which leaves the only option to manually install the drivers since this is post windows install.
Hey no problem as i can just use the windows cd and a usb flash for the drivers. When Windows setup loads the disk information I can simply click load driver which are on the desktop as well as the usb. I chose all the drivers and applied them to the 2 raid drives.
It still does not work and creating a new array doesnt seem to show the created array but only 1 array which is my Disabled Windows SSD boot disk. It keeps pushing me to either initialize it or delete the 1 legacy array. In both cases I think i would lose everything from the OS drive.
Has anyone else seen this garbage?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic