ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD and Intel Graphics Card
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rx 6750 XT Chroma & RGBSupport

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmiieehh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rx 6750 XT Chroma & RGBSupport
    Posted: 21 May 2022 at 9:13pm
Hi everybody, first post here.

I recently bought my first Asrock item, the RX 6750 XT Phantom GPU.

I am trying to 'expirement' with the rgb settings. I already have Razer Synapse installed because of other peripheral hardware. I also downloaded the Asrock RGB Polychrome Sync and followed the tutorial to connect both apps. Unfortunately I didn't succeed.

In the Polychrome App I cannot see the the Razer Chroma button which, based on the tutorial, is supposed to be there on the main page. I am curious if gpu's are also compatible to connect to Razer Chroma or if this is only dedicated for motherboards only.

I also want to know if the ARGB led fan connector on my GPU is there to connect it to other hardware devices or can I connect it to my motherboard? This is a Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite v2 which has arg led fan input connectors placed on the board. My goal is to use as less RGB apps as possible, it seems that is an ongoing issue for everybody, unfortunately.

Thanks in advance for your response.
Rachel Nkabinde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel Nkabinde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 7:24pm
Properly setting up the Razer Core X Chroma is important to avoid issues or any damages to components.

Before proceeding, you will need the following:

Razer Core X Chroma
Razer Core X Chroma compatible PCI-E graphics card
Graphics driver (NVIDIA or AMD)
PC with Thunderbolt 3 external graphics support
An external monitor
Below are the steps on how to set up the Razer Core X Chroma:

Pull the lever to unlock.

Pull the lever to unlock

Pull out the compartment from the enclosure.

Pull out the compartment from the enclosure

Peel off the tape and remove the protective foam.

Peel off the tape and remove the protective foam

Remove the PCI-E slot thumbscrew and cover.

Remove the PCI-E slot thumbscrew and cover

Insert a compatible graphics card (not included) to the PCI-E port.

Insert a compatible graphics card (not included) to the PCI-E port

Re-insert the PCI-E thumbscrew.

Re-insert the PCI-E thumbscrew

Plug the GPU power connectors into your graphics card.

Note: Ensure the power cables are kept away from the fans. Cable straps inside the enclosure can be used to manage the power cables as needed.

Plug the GPU power connectors into your graphics card

Push the compartment into the enclosure until completely shut.

Push the compartment into the enclosure until completely shut

Push the lever to lock the compartment.

Push the lever to lock the compartment

Connect the Razer Core X Chroma to a power outlet using the power cord. Use the appropriate power cord for your region.

Connect the Razer Core X Chroma to a power outlet using the power cord

Connect the Razer Core X Chroma to the Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port of a Thunderbolt 3 external graphics-enabled system.

Note: This connection will also provide power and charge your USB-C-powered laptop. Be sure to only use a compatible active 40 Gbps Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) cable.

Connect the Razer Core X Chroma to the Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port of a Thunderbolt 3 external graphics-enabled system

Connect the Razer Core X Chroma to your external monitor using the display port of your installed graphics card.

Connect the Razer Core X Chroma to your external monitor using the display port of your installed graphics card

Ensure your system is updated.

For Windows:

Confirm that your system has the latest Windows updates installed. Razer Core X Chroma requires Windows 10 RS5 or higher.

Contact your device's manufacturer to check if your system has the following:

Thunderbolt 3 external graphics support
Latest BIOS updates
Required additional updates to support Intel Thunderbolt 3-enabled external GPUs.
For Mac OS:

The Razer Core X Chroma requires macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (or higher) with Thunderbolt 3. For more information on keeping your Mac up to date, check the macOS User Guide.

Toggle the power switch on.

Note: The lighting will only display when the device is connected to the Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port of your PC. For the internal lighting to be visible, a compatible graphics card must be installed.

Toggle the power switch on

Configure the necessary system settings for your Razer Core X Chroma.

For Windows:

Note: Once the Razer Core X Chroma is powered on and connected to your system, the Thunderbolt software window will pop up.

Simply set all listed Razer Core X Chroma to ?�Always Connect??
Click ?�OK??
Configure the necessary system settings for your Razer Core X Chroma

Access these settings from the Thunderbolt software in the system tray if the pop-up window does not display.

For Mac OS:

Your Razer Core X Chroma can already be used by supported applications upon connecting it to the Thunderbolt (USB-C) port of your Mac. Check out how to use your external GPU configuration with your Mac for more information.

Install the drivers for the graphics card.

Note: The external graphics card must be detected by the system before installing the driver. You may also need to install the latest drivers for the internal graphics card of your PC for the external graphics card to function.

Download and install the latest graphics driver version from NVIDIA or AMD.
Note: Windows update may automatically install a driver for the graphics card.

Ensure to select the correct driver option for your system as some systems may require either the Standard or DCH driver
Timmiieehh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmiieehh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 2:35am
Thanks, but I'm not reffering to the Razer Core X Chroma. I'm talking about Raze Chroma Connect....The Application?
Timmiieehh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmiieehh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 10:20pm
Anyone???

Does Chroma support even work with GPU's to begin with?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic