ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - FM2A78M-HD+ MB not cooperating with A10-7870K GPU
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

FM2A78M-HD+ MB not cooperating with A10-7870K GPU

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsolidak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FM2A78M-HD+ MB not cooperating with A10-7870K GPU
    Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 6:28pm
I had FM2A78M-HD+ Motherboard for 1 year and then I decided to upgrade my CPU with a A10-7870K . The problem is that although desktop applications work mostly fine when I start any graphic application any game or any graphic stress test the graphic card driver crashes constantly and recovers after some seconds.

I have made a clean installation of windows 7 64 bit installing only the latest AMD drivers and the problem persists. I have done a memtest and also a burnout test for the processor with prime95 which showed no error and no increased temperature. I think it looks like some incompatibility between motherboard and A!) although it is stated that they are compatible.
I am now trying to install windows 10 to see if the gives any solution to the problem
Do you have any idea on how to fix this?

Btw amd overdrive gives a reading for GPU temperature between 0 to 10 C. Is that correct?
thanks
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 8:55pm
What BIOS version are you using and did you uninstall the drivers using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) then install the latest drivers?
gsolidak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsolidak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 9:34pm
I have updated to the latest BIOS. Also tried a beta version.
I uninstalled with DDD.I also tried on a new windows version
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic