ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem with p67 pro3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
kris3332 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kris3332 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem with p67 pro3
    Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 12:30am
Hello, 5 years ago i've built my custom computer here are the specs:
i5 2300
p67 pro3
radeon 6950
ocz 600w
12gb kingston ram

Now everything was running fine up until last week as I was browsing through the internet my computer just randomly crashed where the screen just went all blue with vertial striped lines and after 3 seconds black. As i restarted the computer it was running fine up until startup screen where the same problem was happening as soon as i opened an application e.g. chrome. After failing to fix the issue i reinstalled windows and it was running fine up until i installed graphic card drivers where the same problem occured again. To me it was quite obvious that there is a graphic card problem so i bought a new radeon r7 240 2gb thinking that this will solve the issue. Unfortunately as soon as i plug the card in I get no video. After failing again to fix this issue by using a different monitor connector(dvi to hdmi) by removing ram. I came across one solution which was to flash my bios using instant flash from memory stick so i formatted the memory stick to fat32 and i've put the files on the memory stick. When i run instant flash from my motherboard it was not reading any bios update files so i couldnt install new bios. I tried about 4 different versions, and i couldn't install the new bios. My bios is currently v1.8. So now I am clueless as to what I can do. Thank you
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic