ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

VGA as Main display 'Crashes' HDMI Display?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sen Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VGA as Main display 'Crashes' HDMI Display?
    Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 9:13pm
Hi all,

Recently built a new PC for my Church, using a AS Rock AM1H-ITX AM1 Motherboard, we run two display cables from it, a VGA which goes to the users main display showing all our interfaces (we use Open LP as our software for displaying lyrics, images, videos etc), the Overhead display runs through a HDMI cable which goes into a splitter which sets the resolution, which then goes into a splitter, which then sends the signal out to the 4 Overhead hanging HD TV's, the old PC worked fine with the setup using an older DVI to VGA adapter for our main screen, and a HDMI out for the switcher.

When I plugged the new PC in, it detected HDMI as the main output naturally as HDMI is newer than VGA, but our main monitor doesnt have a HDMI slot and to keep high quality picture, the screens need HDMI so switching the cables round is out of the question. So i changed the main display in the windows display settings to the VGA one, and VGA still works fine, but the HDMI out, gave a frozen output with black blocks across the screens, as if it were dead pixels, of the signal was interfered, ever since that, the HDMI out will not work properly with VGA even if the HDMI is the set as the main display.

In short, the HDMI out will not work as secondary display with VGA as Main, Why?

Edited by Sen Dog - 11 Apr 2016 at 12:27am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic