ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

add video card, take away audio

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porrohman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: add video card, take away audio
    Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 4:20am
So my 970 Extreme 2.0 has been running great. Very impressed with it.I have an Nividia 750 Ti card that's also been making me happy.

Someone offered me a 650 GTX Ti card for nothing. They had it, didn't use it. So I figured what the heck, I can ad a second card and run my second monitor off that. (Yes, it's not SLI, if that is any part of your answer, go away)

So anyway, that worked great too. I can watch movies, youtube etc on my second monitor....except the sound disappeared. Now I hear some popping and the beat of the GPU through my headphones. 

Second card pulled, sound drivers uninstalled and reinstalled, and guess what...same thing. set onboard sound to enabled in UEFI, when I test it you can the VU bouncing up and down...unplug the headphones and plug them in (they do work btw) and the sound manager tells me I've unplugged/plugged in something. Everything shows up in device manager, using windows 10 btw.

I'm thinking a cap popped or something, but anyone have any other suggestions? Board is only two months old.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic