ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

New PC Build won't turn on

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
amusa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New PC Build won't turn on
    Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 2:04am
Sorry, GPU is a MSI R9 390X (updated the first post)

Talking to one of my coworker he said check the connection from the case head I/0. He think that I got them mixed up. I will try that first.

Thank You I will keep those options open for the fan controller and PSU. I will update the Bios to work with my M.2. Thank you for that advise. 

I bought a new 24pin from Corsair today. I have that coming in sometime next week or so.

Edited by amusa - 16 Apr 2016 at 2:10am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2016 at 10:07pm
Unless you have a matching 24 pin cable for your PSU, and even if you do, I doubt that would help.

Trying a different PSU would be a good idea, since you've never used the new Corsair PSU yet.

I would definitely check the power button and other connections from the PC case to the board.

I would also try disconnecting the fan controller as a test, if it is causing the PSU to not start for some reason.

You did not include the video card you are using?

You'll need UEFI/BIOS version 1.30 to support your Samsung 950 Pro, but that should not stop the PC from starting.

amusa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2016 at 6:38pm
I finished my PC build with brand new parts and I tried to fire up the PC for the first time. It seams there is no power from the PSU to the MB. When I hold the test button down on the PSU I get power from the CPU Cooler, most fans, fan controller, etc. I did plug up the main 24pin ATX Power to the MB and the ATX 12V Power next to the CPU.  I made sure the RAM, GPU and all cables are install correctly.

Should I double check the front panel I/O or just swap another 24pin ATX cable?

My computer Spec:
Case: Corsair 900D
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
MB: AsRock Fatal1ty 970 Performance
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4 x 8gb)
CPU: AMD FX-9590
CPU Cooler: Corsair H00i GTX
GPU: MSI R9 390x
Boot memory: Samsung 950 Pro M.2
Storage memory: Samsung  850 Evo
Fan Controller: Kingwin FPX-003

Edited by amusa - 16 Apr 2016 at 2:09am