ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Samsung 950 pro m.2 raid 0 sleep problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 8:21pm
Ah ok, I guess 2.5, I didn't see anything identifying in the name of the file.  I will check the BIOS for version numbers when I am back home at that PC.

I didn't explicitly clear anything, I don't know what the upgrade / downgrade does to settings.  I did need to enable the m.2 mapping (I can't remember the exact name) and go back into the BIOS to check the RAID array was still there, everything booted fine after that Smile.  I wasn't that worried, I would have just rebuilt the machine again.

Yes very true, it is only compatible with my board.  I hope the support staff that sent me the BIOS update will comment here on what the problem was and fixes to the other motherboards.

Um that is a good question, no I haven't noticed anything special about this BIOS.  I haven't seen my RAID array being trashed through any BIOS changes, the only thing I noticed was that I needed to change a couple of settings to get the BIOS to recognise the array again.

I should have written them all down for future reference.  I will check tonight to see if I can remember the steps and list them here.
Grant Rogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 4:01pm
Here is a quote from the support staff themselves:

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. Maybe good to know the BIOS version: 2.52C

I will ask my colleague in Taiwan if this fix will be implemented in the next regular BIOS version, and ask him to have a look at that thread.

Thanks,

ASRock Support

Grant Rogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 12:04am
For reference

Hello,

The fix will also be implemented in the next regular BIOS release (after 2.60). I have no information about when a new version is planned.

I expect it will also be used in the next regular BIOS release for Z170 Extreme7+ and Z170 Professional Gaming i7.

Thanks,
ASRock Support

gtharea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gtharea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 2:56am
Hi all, support has provided be with a beta BIOS for the Extreme7+:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlIuWeCO2Mqakil342R4ICN8Xqqo

Its a modification of BIOS 3.10C

Haven't tried it yet, not at home

Great support tho, I emailed them yesterday. Hope it works!

edit: The fix works, there is no more decrease in speed after waking from sleep. However, it seems like sequential reads have decreased by about 400mb/s. Used to be around 3200, now its 2800

Edited by gtharea - 24 Aug 2016 at 6:52am
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 9:16am
Good to know a fix is coming.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by gtharea gtharea wrote:

Hi all, support has provided be with a beta BIOS for the Extreme7+:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlIuWeCO2Mqakil342R4ICN8Xqqo

Its a modification of BIOS 3.10C

Haven't tried it yet, not at home

Great support tho, I emailed them yesterday. Hope it works!

edit: The fix works, there is no more decrease in speed after waking from sleep. However, it seems like sequential reads have decreased by about 400mb/s. Used to be around 3200, now its 2800

Thanks for the download link. It worked for me, I have the file.

OS drives, including RAID volumes as OS drives, can loose some performance over time. But that seems a bit much to be related to that.

Did you ever run the trimcheck tool on that RAID array? I know I did at one time, but don't have a RAID 0 or 950's anymore. TRIM worked at that time. Just a thought, might not be the cause.

http://files.thecybershadow.net/trimcheck/

Also, CPU power saving options, and the chipset ASPM power saving options can affect performance of drives. Just going over other possible causes.

So you don't see any loss in performance in other areas, like 4K Read and Write, etc? What benchmark test did you run? What version of IRST are you using, just for the record.
gtharea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtharea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 11:26pm
The latest BIOS, 7.30 has the half speed wake from sleep issue
nme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 5:34am
OP here. A year later lol. Thanks for all the responses. I lived with using hibernate for the whole time. I did just upgrade my computer with some more SSD love but i still have the main 950s  in RAID 0. I tried the above 3.10c bios and it indeed works. I will stick with this one. Thanks gtharea and the rest of you for your research! 

FYI I still have this set up and I do overclock. My 4.6 Ghz overclock went away when i did the bios update, and i can't load my profile anymore. I will be recreating it and overclocking again. If anyone with the same board has any questions or would like to compare, feel free to give me a shout!

Thanks.
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 9:44pm
You could also try the latest 3.60 UEFI.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic