ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bifurcation on Alder Lake mobos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comes4free Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bifurcation on Alder Lake mobos
    Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 12:53pm
Hi there.

I have an option to buy Asrock H670 ITX/AX or Z690 ITX/AX for home server. I have a pcie card with 4 nvme m.2 slots. Previosly tested this pcie card with b365m pro4 on my job and it just sees nothing. I wondered why and googled about pcie bifurcation, but manuals for any of that mobos silences about it.

Does h670 itx ax or z690 or any non hedt mobo for 12th gen Intel processors support x4/x4/x4/x4 bifurcation for main pcie slot? Or at least x8/x8? Is it planned or possible to add it with firmware update? Does it depend on processor? I have 12400t.

Thanks.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 5:10pm
Hi comes4free,

Thank you for your post.

H670M-ITX/ax and Z690M-ITX/ax can split the PCIe x16 to x8/x8.

Please select the option "riser card support" to x8/x8.

All the best
ASRock TSD
comes4free View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comes4free Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2022 at 4:47am
Thank you for reply!

Already bought h670m and tested that "riser" option. 4x4 card with 2 NMVe drives attached still unaccessible anywhere. On my primary PC mobo (x299, msi) it worked after splitting x8-x8 and enabling PCIe slot for VROC. How I haven't 4 identical drives to test, haha.
Is there any way to attach 4, 2, even 1 NVMe m.2 drive via PCIe x16 graphics slot to h670 in addition to two Hyper M.2 slots? Or it really can be done only on HEDT/Xeons? Don't want nothing Intel RAID, pass-thru will be enough.

By the way, is it possible in future to split 4x4 on h670 with some another FW or there are some architecture limit?

Again, thank you very much for your attention.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic